money with sports betting

Make money with sports betting: 5 steps to success

How can I make consistent money from sports betting? The question of how or whether this works at all is asked again and again and the answer is actually always the same: Very simple!

Here are 5 essential steps that will bring you closer to winning:

  1. Everyone starts small and has to get used to the idea of putting their money at risk in the truest sense of the word. Don’t be mad if you don’t win. Every defeat is an opportunity to learn from your mistakes and do better next time. You should never wager money that you cannot afford to lose. You need to manage your bankroll well and give yourself the ability to place multiple bets over a period of time, even when things aren’t going so well.
  2. Work with good money management and select stakes that correspond to your total balance, even if they may not be that high at first.
  3. It is best to avoid betting on your favorite team. Emotions often lead to wrong decisions.
  4. Be well informed with the help of betting tips, sports news and analysis for a balanced personal sports betting strategy.
  5. If you were able to rake in a large profit, it is best to withdraw it first and make a new deposit with the same amount you started with. Unless you want to take it to the next level and increase your total deposit.

Sports betting without deposit: A risk-free option for every beginner

If you don’t want to risk a deposit, but still want to place a no deposit sports bet, then a No Deposit Bonus is just what you need to add to your sports betting strategy.

Bild Sportwetten has exclusive bonus offers for newly registered players, where you can activate up to €10 no deposit bonus and withdraw it if you manage to clear it.

Sports Betting Apps

Sports Betting Apps

It’s always a good idea to keep an eye on the odds of various sporting events or to place a bet on the go if you have a keen eye. Sports betting apps are extremely suitable for this and you can access your entire account from anywhere – as long as you have an internet connection – in no time at all. Of course, we have also tested every single sports betting app from the most important bookmakers and presented the results in our sports betting app overview.

Sports Betting Live: An important betting advantage throughout the game

Placing sports bets live is still a recent phenomenon in the field of online sports betting, but is increasingly enjoying more and more enthusiastic players. The advantage is that you have additional control over your bet placement, because you can, for example, buy yourself out of the bet with the cash-out option, add more money or if you have already made a profit due to an action that is positive for you (e.g. a goal of the team you bet on), play it safe and sack it straight away. Live betting gives you additional options to expand your sports betting strategy even more and to protect yourself in the best possible way.

betting odds

Every bookmaker quantifies the probable outcome of a sporting event with its betting odds. To determine the odds, the bookies work with extensive statistics and probabilities for all sports and leagues. In order to limit the risk somewhat, the bookmaker offers bets on all possible outcomes of the game.

If the sports betting odds are low, the probability of the result occurring is high. If the rate is high, it is rather unlikely. A quota can be fixed or variable. A fixed quota remains fixed once it has been set, while a variable quota changes over time. On the one hand, this is due to the bets already placed and, on the other hand, to current developments in the sport and league. It is therefore important to keep a close eye on the betting odds of the providers with every sports betting strategy.

quota calculation

quota calculation

The bookmaker sets a probability for a sporting event. For example, he assumes that when Team A plays Team B, Team A has a 60 percent chance of winning. He puts a draw at 25 percent and a win by Team B at 15 percent.

Since the bookmaker also wants to make a profit, he does not pay out all the money back to his customers. With private online betting providers, the payout ratio is between 80 and 95 percent.

Then he calculates the odds using the following formula: odds = 1 divided by probability. So Team A win = 1 divided by 0.6 = 1.67. Now he has to include his profit in the quota. If he keeps 10 percent, he multiplies the quota by a factor of 0.9. If he keeps 20 percent, the odds are multiplied by 0.8. Thus, with a 10 percent profit, the odds 1.67 * 0.9 become the odds 1.5.

Quota formats at a glance

In Europe, odds are given in decimals (e.g. 1.60). If you want to calculate your winnings, you have to multiply the bet made by the odds. With odds of 1.60 and a stake of 100 euros, this results in 160 euros and thus a net profit of 60 euros.

In the UK, odds are given with slashes. For example, odds are ½. This odd means a 1.50. For example, a 5/1 equals a 6.00. The profit results from the following formula: odds times stake: ½ times 100 euros = profit of 50 euros. The payout is calculated as follows: Quota plus 1x stake: ½ + 1x 100 euros = 150 euros. However, English providers such as William Hill make it easy for customers and of course also publish the usual odds format on the German pages.

The American odds, on the other hand, show the net profit. A positive sign (+) in front of the odds shows they are an underdog (decimal odds greater than 2.0) and indicates how much can be won on a $100 bet. Negative sign (-) odds are used when the decimal odds are less than 2.0. In this case, the odds show how much you have to bet to get a net profit of 100 euros. So with an American odds of +150 you can win 150 euros with a bet of 100 euros. You get paid a total of 250 euros. With an American odds of -150, the bettor must bet 150 euros so that he can get a net profit of 100 euros if he is successful. The gross profit (stake plus net profit) is 250 euros.

American odds are converted to the European decimal odds system by dividing the gross profit by the stake: 250 divided by 100 = 2.5. British odds are converted as follows: First number of the fraction divided by the second: In the case of 7/4, 7 is divided by 4. That’s 1.75. Then there is the use of 1. So you get a converted decimal odds of 2.75.

The odds formats don’t really play a role in your personal sports betting strategy, only the size of the odds is decisive.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *